Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Striped Peplum Blouse - Simplicity 1590

This is another item I started sewing in my frenzy to make a wardrobe for our trip to France last year.



I made several peplum tops and ended up picking my favorite to take with me. This one is Simplicity 1590.



It didn't make the cut for the trip, just because the navy striped shirting I chose was extremely crisp! So it makes the peplum stand out quite a bit, and also I thought it would get really wrinkled during the trip.




 I still like it, though, I just need to finish putting buttons on it (I'm thinking small navy buttons), and I definitely like the pattern, I'm sure I'll use it again.




What I really love about this pattern is the flat front, the sleeves (no trying to fit sleeves in arm holes, yay!!) and the slightly longer back on the peplum, I just think the lines are gorgeous and so flattering!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's funny, I just wrote about sewing this blouse too! It's such an adorable pattern, and I love your version. The stripes look lovely!

Naomi
teenyboppinalong.blogspot.com