Monday, January 5, 2015

Pinspiration Monday - Capelets!

So lately I've been obsessing over capelets! I keep drooling over vintage dresses with matching capelets made of velvet or chiffon or wool, attached or separate, in all variations. Partly what I love about them is their versatility and wide use in fashion from Victorian times to the 30s to the 50s and more. I even ended up making one to go with my Christmas dress, which was sort of a disaster but more on that in a future post. :-)

Here are some of the lovelies I found on Pinterest!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This last one is actually a pattern you can get from Decades of Style, and I have to say I'm extremely tempted. I love the buttons, the fitted bodice in combination with the capelet, the color of the drawing, just everything about it! Looking forward to adding more capelets to my wardrobe eventually, and I'm sure I'll keep pinning inspiration as I find it in the meantime. If you'd like to follow me on Pinterest, I'm here. :-)

2 comments:

Dixie O'Dare said...

Sew Retro Rose is about to do a Sew Along with that capelet pattern from Decades of Style, you should join!

Stephanie said...

Aahhh!! Oh my, I think I might have to indeed, thanks for letting me know. :-)