Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Old Hollywood Costume Aprons

I had an interesting request last month from someone who is opening up a theme party venue for kids and teens. One of the themes is Old Hollywood, and she asked if I could make 15 costume aprons for teens based on iconic dresses like Audrey Hepburn's little black Breakfast at Tiffany's dress, Marilyn Monroe's white dress, etc. It was a project right up my alley! I did several based on specific dresses, and then the rest were just retro inspired fancy dresses.

Here are the results, aprons on the left.


Audrey Hepburn - Breakfast at Tiffany's
Marilyn Monroe - Pink Dress while singing "Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend"
Marilyn Monroe - Iconic White Dress

Elizabeth Taylor
Grace Kelly - Rear Window
I Love Lucy Red Gingham Dress
 
I Love Lucy - Classic Polka Dot Dress
 

 
 
 


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! These are some rad aprons.

roubarbe said...

Hello!
I've just found your blog and I wanted to tell you that your period aprons and dresses are really amazing! Very inspiring!

Une fan du Québec..

Sleen said...

These are so BEAUTIFUL!

Stephanie said...

Merci roubarbe! :-)

Agnes said...

Amazing! You've had a lot of great ideas!

Claire N said...

Bonsoir Stéphanie, magnifiques réalisations et très originales. Amitiès de France

Stephanie said...

Merci beaucoup, Claire!