The front gaped pretty badly, so I pinched out the extra fabric and adjusted the pattern. I went ahead and sewed up the dress in my fabric, and tried to tie the ties...but with double the fabric, I wasn't having much luck. I knew the ties were going to annoy me after a while too, lol, so I finally decided I was just going to overlap them where I wanted them to stay, and top stitched them down. And that's what I did, with some pleats to form around the curves.
I was fairly happy with the results! It was certainly less bothersome to me than the ties. It's not the most perfect sleeve, but it works for me. :-)
The rest of the dress was pretty straight forward, the bodice pieces went together easily!
I included a pocket, of course!
It's not my favorite dress comfort wise (the overlapped sleeves can get a little bunched), but I do love the color and overall shape, and I consider it mostly a success! It's also my second Vintage Pledge make for the year, yay!