Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Grapevine Apron

And finally, the grapevine apron is finished. I was actually a tad worried about the purple print I'd picked to go with it, this one:



I thought it might be a little too light (and it looks even lighter in that pic, lol), but I really love the combo, more than I thought I would actually! I think it turned out well.






I used a nice deep plum color for the lining, which you can see here:



And yeah, I just had to make a matching card for this one too...

3 comments:

Camille said...

STUNNING! My mom is going to FREAK OUT with excitement! And now I'm a little jealous (and would be VERY jealous if I didn't already have my own custom apron) :)

Thank you so much for all that you have done to make these gifts special. It really means the world to me, and to my Moms as well, I'm sure!

Jen and Eric said...

That is beautiful! You've inspired me to get out the sewing machine and re-learn! How did you make the card? That looks really cool.

Stephanie said...

Thanks! Yay for getting out the sewing machine! You can do it!

The card was so easy, I just cut out a piece of fabric big enough to cover a blank note card, glued it on (I used decoupage glue), stuck it under some heavy books to dry flat, once it was dry I cut the edges using pinking shears, and then used some fabric glue to attach the little bow. Et voila! :-)