Saturday, January 5, 2008

Wrap Skirt

For the longest time I've been wanting to try this (reversible!)wrap skirt, also from Sew, Mama, Sew. I ordered the necessary fabric several months ago (of which you need quite a bit, but I found some great clearance deals!) but never got around to actually doing it. Since I was on such a sewing kick I decided to take a stab at it. The construction was really SO simple (being a wrap skirt) but I am seriously in love with the result (and surprisingly with the olive fabric which I basically only bought because it was on clearance!)

FRONT:




REVERSED:


BACK:


I've agreed to make a few of these for some online friends. I'll see how they go, and I might make this a potential custom item. The price will depend greatly on the fabric used, as it takes a whole 7 yards (3 1/2 for each side). So, keep an eye out for more on these in the future.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I had to forward the link for this pattern to my mom. We're going to try it ourselves (I can't sew a straight line on a sewing machine if my life depended on it!)

Stephanie said...

Do it do it!!! Good luck :-) I wanna see a pic of the results!!