Saturday, January 5, 2008

Welcome!

Since crafting and sewing was a very common topic on my personal blog, I thought it might be time to start up a blog specifically devoted to these things. The title, Aux Belles Choses, translates to something like On Beautiful Things. Fairly self explanatory...I just really like pretty stuff!

The header is a picture of some of my favorite fabric ever. I think I bought the whole bolt, because it was such a good price and I was very much drooling over it. In the next few days, I'm about to use the last of it for an apron I've been commissioned to make. So, this is my tribute to the fabric that really inspired me and made up so many of my very first projects. And, I admit, I just have a serious obsession with toile of any kind!

In the past few weeks, I've discovered that some people are actually interested in buying some of the things I enjoy making so much, so I'll also be using this blog as a kind of stock inventory of what I have that is available to be bought, and items that I'm willing to make for custom orders. If you're interested in any items, please email me at mllevaleur (at) hotmail (dot) com. Feel free to ask questions about items in the comment boxes.

Otherwise, I plan to use it as a springboard for inspirational ideas and pretty things I see around me. I hope people enjoy them as much as I do!

No comments: