Thursday, April 16, 2015

Red Damask Peplum Top - McCalls 6896


Last year while planning my wardrobe before our trip to France, I went a bit peplum crazy! I tried several different peplum top patterns, and I ended up liking McCalls 6896 the best.

 
I think it was the princess seams that made the fit so effortless, and I loved the fullness of the peplum. I fully lined it, and actually ended up omitting the zipper because I used view D, with the slit in the top, which allowed enough room to pull it over my head. (I was in a hurry so the quicker the sew the better!)

That meant I couldn't get it on my me-sized dress form though, lol, so here she is on my standard dress form.




 
 
This ended up being one of my favorite items of clothing for the trip, and even after the trip. Here I am wearing it in Paris, standing in front of Marché Saint Pierre, ready to get my fabric store fix. :-)
 


No comments: