I missed my last couple days of posting because I was so busy finishing up the dress, but here were a few of the last details I finished up.
First I finished attaching the lace and sewing on all the beading. I was pretty pleased with the seam on the lace, I think I managed to hide it pretty well! Can you see it?
Next I gathered lots of tulle and netting for the petticoat!
Then I added lingerie straps...
And of course, a waist stay!
And finally, I made a little flower for her hair!
And that was it, everything was done! Here's my revised sketch (after nixing the capelet) and the final product.
It all looked so much better on the glowing bride!! I wish I had some better pictures, but it was a big rush to get dressed, get married, and have a reception all within the couple hours allotted at the lovely outdoor venue. Throw in some missing shoes, and a thunderstorm starting just as the bride was about to walk to the outdoor chapel, all at dusk, lol, and it meant I didn't get a chance to get a great picture. But she looked beautiful! Here are a few of the fuzzy phone pics I managed to snap. :-)
A flash, of course, picks up all the purple sheen!
Here's a short little video which I thought captured the movement of the dress well. :-)
I'm so pleased to have been able to play a small part in my friend's wedding, and I wish the couple a lifetime of happiness!