Wednesday, May 13, 2015

French Macarons Table Décor


So a few weeks ago I was invited to a ladies' brunch, at which there would be a contest for best table décor. I thought that sounded like fun, and was excited to be able to decorate one of the tables. I looked around on Pinterest, and decided on a kind of hybrid between Coco Chanel and Macarons! I love the black and white stripes with blush pink accents of Chanel, and the lovely colors of macarons.

At first I had an idea for a centerpiece to use a little mini dress form/pin cushion I have, and make a dress for it out of my leftover pink silk! Something like this...



But I ended up kind of deciding against it as it was a bit too tall and would end up more as a visual obstruction than anything.

I decided on a fun little plate setting with a napkin bow! (All of this was from Dollar Tree!) I saw some adorable striped placemats at Ikea, but then figured out I could just use striped scrapbook paper for the placemat as a cheaper option. Worked perfectly!


Each place setting got its own wrapped maracon. :-)


In addition to the macarons, I picked up some French style pink lemonade from Trader Joe's, meringues, salt water taffy, mints, and just happened upon a lovely shade of pink marshmallows, lol.




I lucked out the day before and found some gorgeous daisies, hydrangeas, and carnations in just the shades of pink I was looking for.





I did my arrangements the night before, used more stripey scrapbooking paper for some of the containers...


I was really pleased with the overall outcome!







Unfortunately I didn't win best table, but I did get to enjoy the lovely flowers for the next week or so! They stayed in my sewing room where they brought a smile to my face. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't imagine what the "winner" looked like, I can't imagine anything more creative!