Friday, June 23, 2017

New Aprons!

I'm excited to show you a couple new aprons I've just finished! It's been a little while since I've posted, and last month I decided to shut down my local booth at Austin Gift Company because I just haven't been able to keep on top of stock lately. The good news is I hope to be shifting a bit more focus back on my Etsy shop! So I've been sprucing things up there, and have plans for more to come. I decided to give all my aprons names as an easier way to keep track of them, so they've all been Christened now. ;-)

First up is actually an apron from a pattern, B6304. This is the first time I've used a pattern for one of my aprons, but I saw this bodice/bib and really liked the way it fit around the bust so I wanted to try it out. I will probably adapt this a bit into my own pattern, but wanted to try it straight the first time! I named this one PENNY!









Next is an apron that is directly inspired by some vintage pattern art, #1 in red here.



I wanted to try this because I love the fact that it's apparently just a big giant square of fabric turned diagonally, trimmed with lace all the way around, and gathered a bit at the waist with ties added! I'm always enchanted by how simple flat shapes can become so interesting, how 2D becomes 3D. I named this one JUNE!









These are up in my shop now, I hope to have more available soon!

No comments: