Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Butterick 6203 - A Valentine's Day Dress


Finished this dress over the weekend, a few days after Valentine's Day, but oh well! I got to enjoy my lovely pink roses while I sewed. :-)


I'd seen this bright, happy floral cotton lawn at Joann's a while ago, and I thought it would be perfect for a pink dress for Valentine's Day! But it was a little pricey so I decided to pair it with a more economical Valentine's Day cotton.


The latter is a bit wrinkly in the photos, as cheapy quilting cotton can be, but oh well. I love the little hearts because you don't really notice that they're hearts from far away.




I used Butterick 6203 for this dress.
 It was a quick make, the bodice fit me well (it has cup sizes so that's always nice). I had planned on adding the sleeves, but they ended up a little snug and I didn't feel like altering or fidgeting with the pattern, so I just decided to use some bias binding and make it sleeveless.



I'd love to make this again in all one fabric, I like the shape of the skirt and the fit of the bodice. It's comfy and practical, there are pockets (always pockets) and I think works well with vintage or modern styling which is always a plus. I had the perfect pink flower to wear with it this time. :-)


So another month, another dress, yay! Maybe I can keep this up...


No comments: