Saturday, February 19, 2011

Organized Fabric Makes Me Happy!!


I've been working on cleaning up my sewing room for the past week or two, that was my "big project" for this month. I'm pleased to report that I have folded nearly every piece of fabric I own (that wasn't small enough to fit in my scrap collection) into a 10"x 7" rectangle so that it would fit on my fabric shelf, AND allow me to actually close the door fully! It is also, of course, sorted by color...I LOVE seeing that rainbow of fabrics, it puts a huge smile on my face!

I have a few before shots, but I didn't think about taking them until I'd already started so they're not quite as bad looking as it really was to begin with.

Top Shelf BEFORE


Top Shelf AFTER


Middle BEFORE


Middle AFTER


Bottom BEFORE


Bottom AFTER


The door is CLOSED! :-D



Aaahhhhh, sweet organization! I love it! And now, it's time to go on a fabric diet so that I curb my fabric collection before I run out of room. ;-) I'm not going to buy new fabric (unless it's for a specific custom request) at least until Easter - it can be part of my Lenten penance, lol. I am looking forward to using up some of the gorgeous fabrics that I rediscovered while organizing, I think I have plenty to last me!

4 comments:

Mariel Proulx said...

Your "messy" before shots are absolutely pitiful, Miss Stephanie! lol - but I still love you and your collection of drool-worthy fabrics!

The kids often find stray pieces of fabric... that's how I re-discover lost items- they get transformed into capes and/or veils. I used to sew in random places and then leave the mess where it was. Bad idea. Or I'll find "ropes", in which case, those prints are entirely ruined. :P

Stephanie said...

Lol, I know, it really did look worse, the bottom one is a more authentic representation of how it looked. ;-)

Anita said...

Those picture make me happy too. =D Love the colors!

Grace said...

I had to do that to our fabric stash, but yours looks way better than mine. Good job! Can't wait to see more of what you create.:)