Friday, May 1, 2009

Tie One On Apron - No $$

The latest Tie One On theme was "No $$," you had to use things that you already had on hand and not buy anything new. To be honest, I felt a bit like I was cheating because I have SO MUCH fabric to choose from, that it wasn't hard at all, lol.

I ended up using a blue and cream stripe that I'd had on hand for quite a while (I think I originally bought it to possibly use for a victorian apron, but never felt like making it) and then I used the leftover blue scraps I had from the Alice Apron for the trim. I ended up with just enough blue for the ruffles, pockets, and ties, but couldn't for the life of me figure out a way to fit in the waistband which I'd originally planned to be blue as well. Luckily, I looked through my stash and found some scraps (in my scrap box) of a cream and blue print (which I think was actually used for a victorian apron) that went beautifully with it! It's a super full apron, very twirly and fun. :-)

I call it Country Blue and Cream:









1 comment:

T.L. said...

oh wow!! so beautiful!!!
I am now thinking aprons!!! :)

wow so beautiful!