Monday, May 2, 2011

Nautical Mustard, Anyone?

For whatever reason, I often go in cycles of being drawn to different color combinations. Lately, I've been in love with the mustardy yellow that's popular right now, specifically when it's combined with nautical colors, navy and white stripes, etc. So I've been using a lot of these colors in things I've made, and just been drawn to them in things I've admired. Here are some of them!

It started a while ago with the dress I made, out of a navy and white damask:



I ordered several fabrics that were deeply discounted, went a little navy stripe crazy!



I recently made a regency inspired apron with some of those fabrics, it's available here in my Etsy shop! :-)





For Easter, I used another pattern (yay! - Simplicity 3921) and made a mustard capelet, which I wore with some cream vintage gloves and a lace flower in my hair.







I *just* finished a new apron design inspired by 1940s fashion using a small navy pindot coupled with a navy check. This was fun, I hope to be making more in this style soon! It's available in my Etsy shop here.





And finally, here are some items I found while browsing Etsy that I loved!

This pleated wristlet is just adorable, love the fabric!



And I'm always a sucker for amazing hair accessories, isn't this absolutely gorgeous? Love it!

No comments: